The goal of compounding is to unite past and present by bringing a timeless artisan skills into the modern age through the use of current medical knowledge and cutting edge technology. This allows highly trained and experienced professionals to make personalized medications tailored to an individual patient’s needs. Compounding itself is a fundamental aspect of the pharmacist’s toolkit, and had been the standard way of producing prescription medication up until mass production became the primary means of manufacture.
Compounding is now seeing a resurgence in demand, as both doctors and patients are realizing that mass production means limited options in dosage, strength, and forms of delivery. Instead of one size fits all medication, patients and doctors are looking to Winter Springs Pharmacy to tailor medication that suits everybody’s unique needs.
Our highly experienced professionals at Winter Springs Pharmacy can:
- Prepare unique dosage quantities, to ensure each patient receives the perfect dose.
- Create medication with a customizable delivery form that is not available commercially, such as transdermal gels, troches, “chewies”, and lollipops.
- Ensure that your medication contains no problematic ingredients like dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- Combine compatible medications in order to minimize the number of medications you need to take.
- Craft medications that are simply not available from commercial retailers.
We also provide the following additional services:
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Long Term Care
- Travel Vaccinations
- Medication Adherence
- Multi-Dose Packaging
- Medication Synchronization
Quality compounding maximizes therapeutic outcomes. When it comes to something as important as the medications you rely on to stay healthy, quality is of paramount importance. The efficacy of your medication depends entirely on quality, and that’s why choosing an excellent compounding pharmacy is fundamental in maximizing your therapeutic outcomes.
We are proud to provide this service to you, as we provide ongoing training for our pharmacists and technicians who work with state-of-the-art equipment and high-quality chemicals. We emphasize experience and ingenuity here because these are essential attributes needed when modifying formulas and developing unique preparations. Our pharmacists take time to consider both the chemical and physical properties of active ingredients and excipients, solubility, tonicity, viscosity, and the best means of delivery form or device for administering the medication to YOU, the patient.
Our Standard Operating Procedures also help to ensure that the product you receive is up to our standards and our potency tests leave you knowing that you get “exactly what the doctor ordered.”
For more information, contact us today at (321) 316-4615.